Previously I talked about baking my own cakes. I’ve decided that I’ll make three cakes, and I’ve decided that I will bake them the thursday before the wedding. I did made a sample and froze it. The results were good. The cake was moist and the taste was the same… but the tops were really sticky and I didn’t liked that, so I prefer not freezing them.
What I have planned so far is:
- Three tiers
- White cake filled with lemon curd and lemon cream cheese frosting
- Decorated with coral sugar flowers
- Cake Topper: Bride and Groom: I made this topper using some gum paste. It is peg people – bobble head inspired. I tried to dress them similar to what we’ll be wearing/looking like. I glued the figurines using hot glue to the base. The base is wood covered with washi tape and some ribbon.
- Two tiers
- Coffee cake with chocolate freckles, filled and covered with chocolate ganache
- This cake will be decorated with navy stripes and some coral accents.
- Cake topper: Our initials. I purchased some thick cardboard letters and painted them coral with gold accents. The heart is made with gum paste and covered with edible glitter since I didn’t wanted real glitter touching my cake.
- One tier cake
- Red velvet filled and covered with cream cheese frosting
- Decorated with some fondant frills
- Cake topper: Washi tape bunting that reads “recién casados” (just married)
This are the updates I have for you cake-wise… My original plans were to make the decorations one month in advanced, and here we are, less than two weeks to go and still not ONE sugar flower! I better get moving!