Saturday morning I woke up to a beautiful, fresh and sunny morning, perfect weather for my bridal shower brunch – the one that my mom and her friends threw for me. As you may remember, I helped them with some decorations and desserts.
Mom and me
I think everything went pretty well. I had a great time, and I am happy to report that all our guests did too.
Here are some of the highlights of the day:
- The shower was at my parents yard. We had a tent, which was the perfect idea since it was sunny.
- Colors: We used baby pink, yellow, light green, orange and lilac as our main colors. We used them everywhere we could: tablecloths, favors, centerpieces, bunting.
- We had four tables, each one with a different color tablecloth (pink, lilac, orange, yellow), and above them a white one with squares (in Mexico we call that type of linen Versalles)
- White chiaviari chairs with color sashes
- Tissue paper bunting hanging from each side of the tent
- For centerpieces we used tin containers in our main colors. We added some fresh flowers, but sadly, the yellow ones died fast.
- On each table setting was a tiny favor: a bag filled with candy and a “thank you for coming” card
Everything was delicious! I ate more than I should have!
- Fruit salad (papaya, cantaloupe, pineapple, apple, grapes) topped with cottage cheese and granola
- Tiny mandarin oranges
- Mini quiches: Lorraine and Florentine
- Puff-pastry canapés, filled with different types of cheeses: goat, mozzarella, edam, gruyère.
- Spinach mousse with crackers
- Shrimp and chicken vol-au-vents
- Cantaloupe, apple, celery, nuts and yogurt salad
- Chicken and tuna salad sandwiches
- Roast beef sandwiches
- Tiny mexican sweet bread
For desserts we had:
- Chocolate pralines shaped like tiny cupcakes
- Five – flavor jello
And I made:
- Banana cake covered with tiny sugar flowers
- Apple and cinnamon cupcakes with brown sugar cream cheese frosting
- Vanilla – coconut cake pops
- Sugar cookies
- Iced Tea
- Orange Juice
- Bridal Lotería
- Dress the bride and groom with paper
- Another one where we passed an egg (cooked, but that was a secret) from player to player using only spoons.
- And an ongoing game trough the shower, where whomever crossed their legs had to wear men’s underwear, ha!
And finally and most important, the people. All of our friends where there, happy and willing to have a good time.
FMIL, me, mom
I am so, so grateful for how much love and support everyone is giving me! And most of all grateful for my mom, that is as excited as I am with the wedding 🙂